• BCD will be closing as of March 31st. For details please check News and Updates!

Discussion Roleplay Cravings

Vars

[Impressive Title Here]
Do you have trouble coming up with ideas/plots/cravings you want to do or do they come easily for you?

How do you decide what you want to rp, especially when you're crafting a search thread?

I used to have all sorts of wants, but nowadays I'm finding I don't know what I want and just browse other people's threads for a "I know it when I see it" kind of thing.

How about you?

Teh_Sid

See yah space cowboy...
Staff member
Key Holders
I tend to have more characters than specific ideas. Just toss 'em out there and see what nibbles. I usually get inspired by a specific picture of nugget of an idea and work from there.

I always check out people's threads to see if there's any of that I like what I see kinda stuff but it's pretty rare.

Blizzer

Professional Stalker
Staff member
Key Holders
Ideas come really easily to me, then I just have to spend a few moments wondering if these ideas are actually good or not. x) I only seek out the ideas that I'm confident wont become boring or stale. I've always got something brewing in my mind. But often I'm too lazy to really put it all out there.

I've started browsing for threads to see if something catches my eyes... it's helpful. Especially for a lazy ass.

Touch of Insanity

The Mad Queen
Staff member
Queen Of The Bedroom
I'm a bit of a recycle role player. A lot of plots I have have been slowly added over the time, shifted and crafted into better plots. Most of my plots come with pre-made characters. Every 'failed' rp has given me time to test drive and get to know a character better. It's why I generally don't like making new characters because they can be a bit 'wish-washy' while I'm still getting to know them. The longer I've had a character the more they are fleshed out.

But for new plots, they generally are inspired by something I've seen. A movie, a show, a game, an image. I pull some aspects from it and make it into something that will make me happy to write. Then that idea I've had get created into something even better when someone else helps me shift it into something we'll both enjoy.

It's very rare for me to add new plots merely because I'm usually at my limit for stories and I wait until I get a really big craving for something before I go digging around.

Knight

Court Jester and Paragon of Truth
Staff member
Key Holders
I usually pick a partner first, then figure out what sort of things they like to roleplay. Out of the ones that match (usually a lot), we select a few of them, put them in a bag. Then we shake (or stir) them really hard and out pops a plot and characters.

Pretty much like the PowerPuff girls...

Last edited:

jyncka

Mechanical Master
Staff member
King Of The Bedroom
I go with characters first because they dictate story ideas for me. Each character usually has a setting they fit best so from there it's easy to refine what I'm looking for and find others interested. Lately I've stepped back from forum RP and have preferred impromptu, NSA chat RP where I can develop characters without committing to a story.

Do you have trouble coming up with ideas/plots/cravings you want to do or do they come easily for you?

How do you decide what you want to rp, especially when you're crafting a search thread?

I used to have all sorts of wants, but nowadays I'm finding I don't know what I want and just browse other people's threads for a "I know it when I see it" kind of thing.

How about you?
I have ideas and am waiting for the two people that agreed to RP with me.So I'm waiting but have things planned already.