• BCD will be closing as of March 31st. For details please check News and Updates!

Food Recipes!

jyncka

Mechanical Master
Staff member
King Of The Bedroom
I posted a thread like this on AMOR, the idea is to share recipes. They don't have to be links, if you have a general idea of the ingredients and how to prepare a dish, please share it here. I know we have some amazing chefs here and to be honest, I just want to eat the things I hear about.

My contribution is scones, original recipe from: https://www.redwall.net/kitchen/desserts.html

Scones
  • 1 3/4 cups Flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 3-6 tbsp. Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 18-20 tbsp. Heavy Cream (Just keep adding cream until you get the right consistency, don't worry about measuring too much)
  • ~ 1 tsp of Nutmeg
  • ~ 1 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
  • ~ A dash of Cloves
Preheat oven to 425 F. Mix dry ingredients together, then add heavy cream four tablespoons at a time, stirring well after every four tablespoons. Make sure the cream and the dry ingredients are mixed well. Shape into 3 inch balls (Don't shape too much, just enough so that the Scone stays together. Otherwise they lose their unique scone-shape) and set on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-16 minutes and then let cool on a rack.

NB: I prefer my scones less sweet so I opt for about 3 tbsp of sugar or I use honey instead. If I'm making cream for them, then I find they really don't need much sugar at all, they spices do a good job. These are also good with dried cranberries, currants, nuts and I'm working on a good ginger-orange combination.

Meadowcream
  • 1/3 C Cream
  • 1/3 C Butter
  • 1/3 C Honey
  • 1/4 C Sugar
Blend all ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk, 1 to 2 minutes of whisking should do it (your arm will be tired) - the ingredients should go from a soup mixture to something more viscous like cool whip. Chill first or serve right away over warm scones.

Vars

[Impressive Title Here]
Chocolate

1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1 Tablespoon agave oil
1 Tablespoon clover honey (really any honey's probably fine, but I use clover).

Whisk until smooth.
Put in a mould in the freezer for about an hour.
Makes... approximately 1 hershey-size chocolate bar I guess? XD

You just have to keep it in the freezer or refrigerator or it will melt.

Anyway, it's really good. Especially if you add some crushed almonds.
I'm still messing around with this recipe (need a solidifier, also need to adjust for cacao instead of cocoa) but it's really good as-is, and I'm proud of it, and it's ridiculously simple, so I share it with everyone I can to show off spread the choco.

Additionally, if you add this to any cookie dough? Let me just say.
Hell yes.
(note: I only tested it with oatmeal cookies so far)

Unnamed Refried Beans Thing
I like burritos. I dislike taking a lot of time to make them.
So I decided to make some giant paste that I just slam in a burrito and microwave and be done with.

This is one of those recipes where you eyeball the amounts for the most part.

(Drain water from everything first)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red beans
Mash them until they're "refried beans"
- 1 sweet potato
steam it for 30min. Then mash it. Then mix it with the beans.
- approx 1/4 can kernel corn. Mix it with the beans.
- cut up some chicken or other meat into tiny pieces. Mix it with the beans (if vegetarian, tofu works).
- Cut up or shred either pepperjack or jalapeno cheddar cheese. Mix it with the beans.
- cut up an onion. Like 1/4 to 1/2. Depends on your tastes.
- If desired, cut up some broccoli, mostly just the heads, and sprinkle them in with the beans.

Store in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat a burrito.
- tomato basil or spinach tortilla. (tomato's better just fyi)
- put some (very tiny. Maybe teaspoon worth) green salsa on it.
- Put like, idk, 2-3 spoonfuls of the beans in a microwavable container. Microwave it ~1min
- put now hot beans on your tortilla
- EAT BURRITO.

VERY IMPORTANT you DON'T microwave the tortilla. That will ruin the whole thing.
If you've got a lot of time, sushi rice (separate from bean concoction) added to the burrito is super filling & good.

Enjoy your very healthy and tasty burrito, courtesy of approx. 1 month of experimentation by brokeass me.

Sidenote: This makes a lot. Dunno when it would go bad, but I live alone and it takes me about a week to eat it all. Makes a lot of burritos. Tortillas are the most expensive part of the recipe LOL. But worth it.

Last edited: