• Welcome to Behind Closed Doors Role Play. We are new an 18+ role playing website that enjoy writing stories with some sexual flair. Whether you are new or experienced, we want your creativity to flow without fear of being judge or feeling like you’re in an unsafe environment. So, take your key and closed the door behind you. Many wonderfully erotic story writing awaits you!

Games Favorite Videogames!

TheBurd

[Monotone Screaming]
Let's talk vidya gaems. Specifically, let's talk about our favorites and what makes them so special to us. I've stuck a quick survey below, but by no means are you required to use it!

What was your "first love" in gaming? What was the first "real" game you owned, whether for console, PC, or handheld?

What is your favorite game mechanics-wise? What game was just bliss to play, with controls and mechanics that felt damn near close to perfect?

What is your favorite game story-wise? Not all videogames have a story, but the medium can accomplish some amazing things when done right.

What is your "comfort food" of games? What game do you know inside and out but still come back to when you're feeling nostalgic, tired or stressed?

What is your all-time favorite, if you have one? This is the game that blew you away, possibly one that you've invested hundreds of hours in.

My answers:

What was your "first love" in gaming? What was the first "real" game you owned, whether for console, PC, or handheld?
Probably Pokemon Gold. A lot of the games I had as a kid were edutainment games or very kidsy, this was one of the few proper videogames I owned for a while until I got a bit older. I still have the cartridge, despite the internal battery being dead and having nothing to play it on--I also screwed up the save by cloning my Typhlosion using a glitch/exploit my cousin showed me : P It's a nice memento though.

What is your favorite game mechanics-wise? What game was just bliss to play, with controls and mechanics that felt damn near close to perfect?
Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive Edition). Not only is the game fucking gorgeous in it's art and music, but the gameplay itself is amazing. Ori is heaps of fun to control, especially once you start getting more abilities, and the game is challenging and difficult but not unfair.

What is your favorite game story-wise? Not all videogames have a story, but the medium can accomplish some amazing things when done right.
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. As far as game stories go it's not the most complex out there, especially since it's a light parody of spaghetti westerns, but the setting and characters carry it well enough that the simplicity isn't an issue. It's entertaining, engaging, and bittersweet, with enough dark humor to keep it from being too serious. It's just fun.

What is your "comfort food" of games? What game do you know inside and out but still come back to when you're feeling nostalgic, tired or stressed?
Age of Mythology. I've loved this game since I was a mythology-nut kid, and after playing Age of Empires 1 and 2, which my dad owned, this was like a gift from the heavens. I'm not necessarily good at the game, but I enjoy it nevertheless and sometimes I'll boot it up for a quick AI match. A close second would probably be Minecraft. You might quit playing Minecraft for a while, but you never stop. You can never escape.

What is your all-time favorite, if you have one? This is the game that blew you away, possibly one that you've invested hundreds of hours in.
Gonna be basic here and say Skyrim : P It's another one I'll play for weeks, then drop for months before marathoning it again. It was my introduction to open-world sandbox games and I've been hooked on the genre ever since. Add in mods and I doubt I'll ever run out of stuff to do in this game.

Teh_Sid

Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Actor.
Staff member
Key Holders

I remember as a wee tot playing the Atari 2600 and not really having a fucking clue what I was doing. The first console I ever got was a NES and of course it was Mario. I saved up my allowance for a year when I was older to buy a SNES, which technically was the first console I ever owned. I still remember playing A Link to the Past and being blown away at how awesome the graphics were.

I’m a sucker for turn-based rpgs. I’m always doing more than one thing at a time so being able to chill for a sec and give it some thought is nice. I love turn based tactics games but they treat me like an abusive partner. Please baby don’t hurt me...no mo…

I always had a fondness for the Legacy of Kain series. They were always just so over the top dramatic and later on focused on all that fate shit with Soulreaver.

I usually end up vegging out on some kind of MMO. Currently it’s FFXIV, which always has something to do. Crafting, running dungeons, emote spamming. Good times.

I have two. The first being Final Fantasy VI, or III if yer ‘Merican. The other one was Chrono Trigger. I probably spent the better part of a year running through Chrono Trigger, getting every ending possible and maxing out the levels and stats. When you were lacking funds to buy new games readily you made every bit count.

Soukoku

Double Black
I didn't put FFXV on this list and I can't tell if I'm proud of that fact or not ahaha

Mannn, probably the old Legend of Zelda games or older Final Fantasy games. I'm not even sure which specific games I played first (my mom's a big gamer and owned a shit load so I just shuffled through them) I just remember playing them all the time as a kid (and probably being really bad at them).

When I think mechanics, I think combat mechanics. And that means Dark Souls. You can't button smash to beat a guy's ass, you've gotta think tactically. It's always satisfying when you get to pulverize a dude with a giant hammer as well.

DRAMAtical Murder! I have a thing for BL games, and I've replayed this one to get all the different routes so. many. times. I love the art in it, I love the characters, I love the different endings, and I really really really enjoy angsty shit.

Probably World of Warcraft. (For one, I really enjoy Blizzard games.) I played WoW a shit ton when I was younger and kinda just never stopped. I used to play this for hours when I was sick or doing nothing at home before I got Overwatch lmao.

Don't hate me for this, but Overwatch! I love first-person shooters (something I don't completely suck at!) and I really enjoy the lore that we do get from Blizzard. I like getting to know characters, being able to play online, and most of all, I really really really enjoy killing enemies with their own bullets with a deflection from Genji. Killing an enemy McCree with Deadeye is the best. Anyway, I spend a lot of my time playing (I bought it for PC when it came out, and I got one for Xbox One as a gift and just kept it lmao.) and screaming into my mic haha.

jyncka

Mechanical Master
Staff member
King Of The Bedroom
Kirby for the NES. Never owned it but I rented it a few times from the store as a kid.

Bastion has some great mechanics that make it challenging but still fun to play as you go through the story. I've been playing a lot of Factorio and it continues to get better and smoother with each update. Given the number of things going on in the game at any given time, it's actually impressive to watch it go.

Dear Esther is definitely one of my favorites. I love that each play through changes the details a little so the story actually plays out differently.

Stardew Valley, Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden and Sunless Sea.

I think Civ 5 has the most hours currently but VA-11 HALL A is one I'm savoring as I play through. I know I'll come back to it when I finish finish it.

Blizzer

Professional Stalker
Staff member
Key Holders
I think my first love would be the first Command & Conquer. As for the first game I owned... that's a tough question. My brother was always the one spending money on games and I'd 'borrow' them. xD The first game I owned on my own was probably the first Doom? I think. Or maybe C&C. Tekken maybe? I honestly can't remember.

I really like Skyrim. I can get totally lost in it. There are so many different things you can do and the whole graphics and all that is pretty damn amazing. It's the perfect game for a person like me that can get lost in something stupid and simple for HOURS. Like... having fun collecting all the different types of books there are. Or gathering herbs for an entire freaking day (ooor more).

Final Fantasy VIII. I just can't stop loving it. I've never really gotten into any other FF games... I don't know what it is about this one, I just got engaged AND married to it the moment I played it.

Doom!!!! Also Duke Nukem. Aaaand C&C.

Dooooooom! All of them. I've spent a lot of time with both the old versions and the new one. I can't get enough! What I love the most about the new one is the music that gets you soooo pumped up when the big battles start. I love me some good music while blasting off various guns.

Dawn Jellyfangz

Scynister Scyphozoan
It depends. My "unrequited crushes" i.e. games I loved but didn't own, were Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, and Breath of Fire 2 (and it was so sweet when I discovered ZSNES and got to play them all the way through).
First love was probably the King's Quest series. Me and my parents played through them together. Somehow we even finished most of them, those ridiculous point-and-click Sierra adventures.

It's hard to say. There's probably a bunch I'm forgetting...
I'll say, out of all the Zelda games, the fighting mechanics in Twilight Princess were my favorite. I'm sure there's better combat systems over all that I'd love to play, but when I was playing Skyrim, I always felt irritated I could not backflip or side jump or whatever else.

Devil Survivor 2. I like the plot, the themes, the characters. It's one of those games that really speak to me (especially as I've gotten into the overall Shin Megami Tensei game franchise, I find the recurring motif of the law/chaos/neutral paths echos the ideological factionalization that happens in real life).
Runner-up is probably the first three Phoenix Wright games. Borrowed them from a friend, marathon'd them in every spare moment, teared up when I had them all finished.

Pokémon. I have way too many Pokémon games, but somehow they never get old for me.
Also, Baldur's Gate II. I've played and replayed that too many times to count.

Hard to say. Baldur's Gate II is a strong contender. Although, for the sake of naming something different, I'd say a ridiculously modded out Skyrim is my favorite, at least in spirit if not necessarily in practice.

Last edited:
It is hard to say... But I would say any of the following three: Killer Instinct, Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars and Diablo. They were all games I took great pleasures in as a kid, and they shaped my gaming life going forward. And I do believe the first owned was Killer Instinct.

Darkest Dungeon. Rogue-like dungeon crawler that makes you think risk/reward. You gotta go in thinking you will lose everything. There’s a lot of RNG, so you need to make sure you maximize you chances. I find it is so well put together.

I’m a sucker for good old fantasy stories, and nothing seems to do this as right as Legend of Dragoon!

League of Legends Twisted Treelines. Enough said.

Bruh, Devil May Cry series (except the reboot). The characters, the cheesy story, the mechanics, the universe, everything about it is perfect to me.

SVII

-Skrees in Adorable-
That would be a toss up between a few. I can't remember what I had first. Spyro on Playstation maybe? Or Pokemon Crystal on Gameboy. Either way, one of those were my first owned, but Pokemon was my "first love" in gaming. EDIT: I lied. My first console was N64 and my first game? Mario Party was my first real game, but Pokemon Stadium was my "first love". Gosh that was so long ago. XD

Mmm... NFS Carbon. I loved the racing style and the graphics. The way it let me design the vehicles and just.... *drool*

Dust: An Elysian Tail. To this day it is my favourite game story. I cried at the end and still want to play. And I am looking forward to the sequel if it ever gets made!

It might sound silly, but if I had a N64 then I'd definitely be playing Pokemon Stadium plenty. Probably nightly to relax!

Dust: An Elysian Tail. See Question 3. XD

Netra Kyr'am

The Dark Shadow

First Love in Gaming: That would have to be my N64, Playing Legend of Zelda OoT, I just loved that game and my second would be my gameboy color and playing Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow.

Favorite Video Game story wise: hmm i'd have to Red dead Redemption. sure it was GTA in the wild west but by damn it had a good story.

Comfor food of games: I'd say i fall back to playing Zelda OoT or some of my old favorites like Age of Empires, Red Alert, Star Wars Republic Commando. Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

Touch of Insanity

Mermaid Queen
Staff member
Queen Of The Bedroom

I think we had this little joystick game that had five or six small games in it. Pacman was the only name I remember from the set of like five games. I really enjoy this mouse game were you had to get all the cheese and not let the cats get you. After that I think my first 'game' was from the GameCube, Super Mario Sunshine. Love that shit.

Sims, 3 is hands down my fav. Four lost of a lot of the features I reallly adore so the game isn't nearly as fun for me anymore in that respect. But sims three I can play for days without needing to stop. It's kinda a problem XD

Sonic Adventure Battle 2. Omg still cry at the very end. Just breaks my heart.

Most likely sims again. I tended to try not to play it when in school because then it would eat up all my time. It was a perfect de-stresser until I realized it ate up all my work time.

I feel like I'm on repeat but sims again. The next closest one though would be the Harvestmoon games. GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL O_O

lVergill

King of Nothingness
The first game lay my hands upon was "Mario Party" during my youth days and quite young to be playing such difficult game but I did enjoy it which only fuel my hunger for more ever since. The console that started that chain was the Nintendo 64 and many cartridges came before the first until now which I still have that same console.

In my opinion and taste, it would be turn-based mechanic but not just any regular ones, Fire Emblem or Persona/Persona Q oriented. This type of game are quite my favorite and investing if it has more like VN added but mostly look on the plot and character to spice up the flow of the game.

That's hard to pick since lots of game, especially VN, can give different and good story wise which can vary from person to person. Although, I do enjoy a sad tale with a happy outcome at end or a struggling problem to the MC which can lead to obstacle blocking the way to their solutions.

Devil Survivor 1 & 2, A turn-based RPG which shamelessly doesn't have love but still has VN and an alternative to the Persona franchise. The story are chosen based on what route you like to take and has replayability and the mechanic of stealing Skills from Demon is quite addicting.

Fire Emblem
, I have beaten Awakening, Binding blade, and others countless time that I can barely count and to the point that I have 100% all of the game. I have beaten the highest difficulty of each game without DLC and took many days to beat Lunatic or Lunatic + while Acquiring the all of the Male MC support + Allies.

Alan

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Staff member
Key Holders
I had a number of games and consoles when I was a kid. I had the TI-99/4A "Home Computer", which was basically a keyboard with a cartridge slot on it that plugged into the TV. You could buy accessories for it allowing you to print, you could write programs, and play games on it. This is how I learned to write BASIC, somewhere around the age of three. I also had the Atari 2600 and 7800 consoles, but because my parents seemed to love the Atari so much, the NES was not to be had.

The first real game I owned (read as: purchased with my own money) had to have been Asteroids for the 2600, followed by Mega Man for MS-DOS (yes, it exists, I have the floppy somewhere around here)

This is a tough one to answer, because I love all kinds of mechanics from all sorts of genres. I enjoy turn-based RPGs (Pillars of Eternity, Baldur's Gate), your general RPGs (Skyrim), Action RPGs (Diablo series), City builders (SimCity, Cities: Skylines), FPS games (Doom (classic and reboot), Borderlands II), and that's just to name a few. Each of these types and titles have been quite fulfilling to play, and in some cases, offer a level of immersion that can easily get you lost in the world for hours, and replayability.

World of Warcraft, hands down. I have followed the Warcraft series of games since it launched in 1994. While I missed the boat on the launch of WoW (I couldn't afford to pay to play at the time, as I was in between jobs at launch), the story is quite immersive, and there are an absolute ton of characters whose stories you can follow. It's largely well-designed and well written, even if the playerbase doesn't quite agree with the direction.

Minecraft. There's nothing quite like digging a huge tunnel to melt the stress away, then using all that cobblestone, iron, and gold you find to build a rail line.

It'd have to be a tie between Doom and World of Warcraft. Classic Doom (and Doom II), I played through High School and into College. I even bought a book on level editing. These days, though, it's definitely WoW. I may burn out every now and then (I'm still fighting some post-Legion burnout, despite being a main raider in my guild), but I keep coming back to wipe on bosses live another day!