• Welcome to Behind Closed Doors Role Play. We are new an 18+ role playing website that enjoy writing stories with some sexual flair. Whether you are new or experienced, we want your creativity to flow without fear of being judge or feeling like you’re in an unsafe environment. So, take your key and closed the door behind you. Many wonderfully erotic story writing awaits you!

Games Any Table Top Roleplayers Out There?

Hey everyone!

I thought I would go ahead and post this up here since I didn't see a thread already for this kind of topic: RPGs!

Those games that require those funny multiple sided dice for, though not exclusively. The kind of games where you have to thumb through a rule book or manual. The ones where you use the power of your own imagination and the rules at your disposal to build a world or drama, action, adventure, horror, or whatever takes your fancy for you and those situated around a table or over the internet.

So tell me, what are your favorite Table Top Role Playing Games?

Teh_Sid

Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Actor.
Staff member
Key Holders
I had started a similar thread back in May to share stories about everyone's experience with tabletop rpgs. But I'm always down for babbling more about them. Everyone can feel free to check out the interesting stories people left behind in my old thread and post here as well!

Pathfinder/3.5 D&D is the game I've dropped the most hours into, so that's a fave by default. It had it's issues and faults but I always thought it was easier to correct those than make an entirely new system. That was the best thing about the whole d20 system was the ease with which you could adjust crap. So I'll always look fondly back on that regardless.

Honorable mentions include:

RIFTS - A system with seemingly limitless potential as well as a limitless possibility of breaking the game. Still, I admit it was fun to make truly broken ass characters and throw them up again the random ass shit you could find in the multiverse.

Anything White Wolf - Love the storyteller aspect of the game and the worlds themselves, but the d10 system is just utter garbage.

D&D 5e - Not too bad for a watered down version of D&D. At least it could draw in people that would otherwise be intimidated by something like 3.5 with its giant mountains of books and rules. Too bad Wizards of the Coast are choads about their digital stuff (that's a whole story in and of itself).

Oh geez, this is a subject I am most invested in. I've been playing TTRPGs for a long time now. I started with my dad and brother nearly 13 years ago, and I have been a Game master for almost 7 or 8 years. I've explored the world of TTRPGs and their various systems, and this is my top ones:

Open Legend - Discovered this system last year, and I've completely replaced D&D 5e for me. Open character creation and narrative based, it was hard to go wrong.

World/Chronicles of Darkness - Amazing system and narrative driven, with very in-depth settings within itself.

Shadowrun - Though complicated to run, I have found myself invested in the world and the system.

Sparks

Unreliable Jerk
I consider myself an avid tabletop roleplayer but I'm only familiar with D&D. Started playing 2nd edition as an early teen, have since played 3rd and 5th editions. I hoard collect D&D memorabilia, so while I never played 1st or 4th editions I own the core set of books (Players Handbook, DM Guide, Monster Manual). For the editions that I had an active group I also amassed whatever supplemental Tomes and Builders I could find. And, of course, I have lots and lots of pretty dice!

Random fact: my favorite dice set is called "Sparkle Vomit". <3

For Christmas this year I got my group members nerdy embroidered dice bags from etsy and these fine looking critical failure d20s:

Currently we are playing some pre-written campaign and while it isn't terrible I have to say I prefer custom stories (probably because that's all I've played in the past). I can't complain, though, since I didn't offer to DM. ...I'm certain I could put together an epic campaign but I've never DM'd and I'm an anxious mess about the prospect.

Teh_Sid

Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Actor.
Staff member
Key Holders
As a DM, just remember what Bob Ross said, 'No mistakes, just happy accidents'. And that's why they make DM screens. It's like writing, you got to keep the players in that zone of suspension of disbelief. Are you just being crafty, or did you completely forget to finish the right side of the map? Did that dragon really just miss with a nat 20 and confirmation of critical? I'm all for the brutality of the dice and believe you me they are a harsh mistress but sometimes as a DM you just gotta fudge it for the sake of fun. What's the point of a TPK when everyone at the table is bummed out about it. End of the day, being a DM is just making up shit on the fly and making it seems like you did it all on purpose. Just like being an adult in real life! :D

I've somehow managed to DM for a bunch of kids at my job (thus getting paid for it) while having actual support from 2 co-workers (bless them). Now I'm a new DM and we are doing Mines of Phandelver from the Starter Set mainly because of the 12+ label on the box but the kids seem to like it and I've roped in a few that seem to really be getting into it. My experience is limited and sometimes I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing but ultimately I try to get in at least an hour of playtime in if 5 or more kids are there. I bought a huge bag of dice so the kids get to pick which set they want to use. They know it's D&D Fridays when I bring the dragon bag to the school.

Magic Girl

IQ lower then 2
I do D&D with friends every Sunday unless we are busy. I am a human cleric who is currently level 7. I also like playing the DM but my friends never let me be a DM because I always abuse the power of the DM and make everything pretty much impossible to beat.

I am currently actually preparing to try and get DM for the next campaign but I still need to get to work on actually making the campaign and not jotting ideas in a notebook. My party is currently in a homemade campaign and it sounds like this weekend we might fight a gigantic spider cluster. I am super excited. :LOL: